First Look: ‘Cocktail’
Here is the first look poster of Cocktail starring Deepika Padukone, Saif Ali Khan and Diana Penty.
The film is directed by Homi Adajania and also stars Boman Irani and Dimple Kapadia. Set in London, the film is a love triangle and was shot extensively in the UK last year.
Cocktail is produced by Saif Ali Khan and Dinesh Vijan under Illuminati Films in association with Eros International and is co-produced by Sunil Lulla.
Check out some scoops from the UK shoot:
1. Diana Penty will make her debut in Cocktail in an important role. She is a well-known model and was originally approached to star in Rockstar but she was ousted from the film without any explanation. Imtiaz Ali then recommended her to Saif and so, she became a part of this modern love story.
2. Many scenes were shot indoors however, the crew primarily filmed on the streets of London.
4. Locations of the filming in London include Borough High Street, Borough market, Portobello Road, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Mayfair, Clapham Junction, Battersea Park, Bank Station, St. Pauls London, Colville Gardens (Notting Hill Gate), and Brick Lane.
5. The songs have been composed by Pritam and choreographed by Bosco-Caesar. One of them, a beautiful friendship song, is sung by Neeraj Shridhar. The makers have also bought the rights of a famous Pakistani song, which has been revised slightly for the film’s soundtrack.
6. Boman Irani, who was in London to shoot for Priyadarshan’s Tezz also has a small role in Cocktail and finished filming his scenes in a couple of days, right after finishing his earlier schedule.
8. Kareena Kapoor joined Saif Ali Khan in London for a few days and surprisingly, also bonded with Deepika Padukone. Saif and Deepika have been getting along like a house on fire, which proves that their friendship has grown since their awkward Love Aaj Kal days.
9. Did you know that Deepika had the need of a bodyguard at all times during her stay in London while shooting for Cocktail? Whether it was on locations for the film shoot or on days off, Padukone was always accompanied by her bodyguard. She was often spotted shopping in Selfridges and on Oxford Street with him. Nobody who was not a part of the film crew or knew her personally was allowed to approach the Om Shanti Om actress. Funnily, neither Saif nor Kareena had bodyguards with them while they were in London and often just walked out of their hotel onto the streets and started shopping or walking around, without being mobbed.
Cocktail releases on 13th July 2012 through Eros International in the UK.